We Will Overcome
by Desperation Band
Luke 10:17-19 (NKJV)
17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
1 Corinthians 15:57 (NKJV)
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 12:11 (KJV)
11 And they overcame him [the devil] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
1 John 5:4 (NKJV)
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
1 John 4:4 (NKJV)
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Revelation 2:7 (NKJV)
7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”
Revelation 2:26 (NKJV)
26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.
Revelation 3:5 (NKJV)
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
Revelation 3:12 (NKJV)
12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
Revelation 2:11 (KJV)
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Revelation 2:17 (KJV)
17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Revelation 3:21 (KJV)
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Romans 12:21 (KJV)
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Jeremiah 1:19 (NIV)
19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
John 16:33 (NKJV)
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
Revelation 17:14 (KJV)
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Revelation 21:7-8 (NKJV)
7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Shout Unto God
by Michael W. Smith
Glorious Day (Live)
by Kristian Stanfill
John 8:31-32 (NKJV) The Truth Shall Make You Free
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
Anything we agree with and allow to stay within the boundaries of our life has the right to stay. If we really want to have change in our life, whether the desired change is mental, physical or spiritual, we need to be able to recognize old patterns and old ways of thinking that are still within us. We must come out of agreement with them in order to bring freedom and health.
Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
We have to make up our mind and decide we do not want Fear any more. We have to decide we do not want to hate ourself any longer. We have to decide we are tired of Envy and Jealousy and Bitterness rising up in us. When we make up our mind that we do not want these spiritual dynamics ruling in our life and decide we want the fruit of righteousness to be in our life instead of the fruit of sin, God will meet us in that decision and make us free.
Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Today can be the day we stop agreeing with the enemy. Today, why not choose life and blessings.
Resource: i am changed & Be in Health Newsletter 5/26/14
We need to take care of our body as a whole (Spirit, Soul and Body).
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
SPIRIT [Heart] - 8 R's to Freedom (Spiritual Roots)
1. Recognize - You must recognize what (sin) it is
2. Responsibility - You must take responsibility for what you recognize and for
agreeing with and taking part in that sin.
3. Repent to God for participating with what (sin) you recognize
4. Renounce the sin. You must make what you recognize your enemy and
renounce it. Hate it for the sin that it is and come completely out of agreement
with it. It's not true! It's not how God thinks!
5. Remove - Get rid of it (the sin) once and for all. Cast it out in the name of Jesus
and get away from it!
6. Resist - When it tries to come back, resist it. Draw near to God and fill up with
7. Rejoice and give thanks to God for every new freedom you have away from sin!
8. Restore - Help others get free who are held captive by sin.
See Resource page for more information on 8 R's to Freedom.
SOUL [Mind] - Faith in God
• Renewing Your Mind - Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
• Take Every Thought Captive - 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
• Knowing the Truth (God's truth) - John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
• Resist the devil - James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
• Speak out loud with authority in Jesus name - Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
• Read the Bible - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work
• Use scripture cards with topics - Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.
Psalm 119-11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
• Good Nutrition
• Temperance (moderation)
• Trust God
• Keep your house (car & work place) filled with the Word of God and praise and worship. Strengthen your relationship with the Godhead.
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. Ephesians 5:26 (KJV)
• Fellowship with other Christians. You may have to reevaluate some of your old relationships. Establish fellowship with positive, like-minded people in your area.
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. Acts 2:42 (KJV)
• Hold every thought captive. Discern good from evil. Separate lies of the enemy with the word of God. The battle starts in your mind.
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (KJV)
• Dwell on godly thoughts and promises. Reflect on things with virtue and praise and thanksgiving. Think about positive things.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
• Quit thinking about the past. Let go of past failures and traumas. Self-pity is the super glue of hell that ties you to the past. Keep your mind on God.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, Philippians 3:13 (KJV)
• Guard your heart. Guard against doubt, unbelief, discouragement and despair. Have patience. God's timing and ways are perfect.
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23 (KJV)
• Have faith in God. Without faith it is impossible to please him. Believe God's word, no matter what we see in natural circumstances.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7 (KJV)
• Watch your mouth! Your words today will create your life tomorrow. If it's not godly, don't say it. The tongue determines life or death.
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:6,8 (KJV)
• Guard your eyes and ears. Your eyes are the window to your soul. Be careful of what you see and hear. Be selective of movies, television programs and books. Be very discerning about what kind of music and radio that you listen to.
15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. Isaiah 33:15-16 (KJV)
• Separate people from their sin. Observe their actions without judging them.
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:1 (KJV)
• Indecision leads to ungodliness. Choose God in everything. Decide to be in peace.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:8 (KJV)
• Be willing to go into the fire (see Daniel 3). The battle is in the fire. Stop making an idol of illness or programmed behavior. Face your fears and stressors in order to overcome them.
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1 (KJV)
• Remember that all good things come from God.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17 (KJV)
*For more information on "How Do I Continue to Walk in Victory" see A More Excellent Way book by Dr. Henry Wright, Appendix A: Walking Out to Wholeness.